Sunday, April 11, 2010

1 month


So far Dan and I have been married 1 month today. Still in love as we were in November 2009 when we decided to get married. Ok since most of you who will read this blog have NO CLUE how Dan and I met or any of our story except that we are married now. So here it is. Our story started February 2009. We met on LDSsingles, yeah the dating website. I know nutz! But we did it. We started emailing back and forth all cuz I sent Daniel a flirt on the site saying "You're Hot". We emailed on the site for a while then when we began to trust each other we exchanged email address and began a fun pen pal relationship. Then in August while I was still working as an EFY counselor. Daniel and I, even though we had never physically met, decided to date. In Novemeber of 2009 we decided we wanted to get married. We had plans that for the time we would wait for Dan to come home in May for his Rest and Relaxation (R&R) to decide everything for sure. Come December the Army does what it does best and changed dates on us. Dan was now coming home in March. So we continued to plan for a wedding but it was to be in November of 2010. Again the army changed plans on us around the end of January beginning of February. So we changed our wedding plans, even though we had still never met, for March when Dan was home for R&R. We began making arrangements. needless to say families were unhappy as well as were the rest of family and friends. One because we were not getting married in the temple and two because we had STILL never met in person. We knew it was hard for people to understand our love but we did and still do love each other. So Finally came the time for Dan to come home. I drove up to Salt Lake City Utah to meet him and bring him here to Arizona so we could get married.
We met on Friday the 5th of March at his grandmother's house. She was hosting a family get together for dinner. The first time I saw Dan I didn't think I was meeting a stranger or anything else for that matter. i felt like I was looking at the love of my life. The man I wanted to marry. finally the rest of the family started to arrive and Dan and I had a small moment alone standing in the kitchen. We kissed! It was so perfect. WE drove back to Arizona that Sunday and picked up his parents my new in-laws Tuesday at the airport. Once we picked them up we went out to eat to RA sushi. Dan's father and I share a strong love for uncooked fish (as Dan so nicely puts it). Wednesday was spent putting final touches on the wedding and having a HUGE family dinner so everyone could meet Dan. The next morning I was up by 6 getting hair and make up done between 7 and 9 and to the Wright house by 915. Now in my small knowledge of weddings the bride should be the one running late. In my case I was early. I was there ready for family pictures before anyone else. After we took our family pictures the wedding party all changed and then it was wedding picture time. FINALLY after all the wedding pictures were over it was time to get married. President Ostler one of my favorite people said a few words then began the ceremony. It was simple and beautiful. Then it was time to greet the crowed as man and wife. I am so happy to be Mrs. SGT Daniel Clayton Fordham. Or as he calls me Allie Fordham.

Since we have now been married 1 month life is good. I miss my husband terribly. After only being married for 10 days I had to take him back to the airport so he could go back to Iraq and serve our country. Love my husband so much and can't wait to be reunited with him come August!

Till next time
Allie Fordham

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allie...My husband and I knew Dan when we were in Mannheim, Germany. Glad to see that you both are together. Whirlwind romances in the military life is soooo unconventional; yet, because of the devoted love you both have for each...will keep you together. My husband and I met while completing advance training (yes, we met in the military). We met, within 2 weeks, we were engaged then 2 weeks later....married and now 22 years later with 3 sons...one getting his mission call anytime, one is serving in the Army in Virginia and our youngest is getting to fly back to Mannheim to graduate with his senior class. Life is a wonderful roller coaster ride and I don't ever want to get off! Much happiness to you and Dan...and btw...many of the emotions you're feeling during this seperation due to the deployment is very normal; as much as it feels unnormal...look up www.militaryspouse.com or www.myarmyonesource.com...excellent resource websites to help ya.
    ~Nancy Ward

    ReplyDelete