Tuesday, May 18, 2010

looking back

Today I had the opportunity to go back to my high school to see my sister perform in the Broadway Review for Choir. Made me think back to when I was in high school. All the fun... kinda... that I had. I was never "nerdy" or "popular" I was never the "know it all" or goody two shoes" I was never anything too amazing. I was just me. When you have a class of 884 or so a lot of kids are just people. They are easily overlooked. It's easy to stay under the radar. I enjoyed my classes. I stayed out of trouble. I was just me. I loved Theatre, Mythology, and British Literature. high school is supposed to be "the best years of your life" Yeah ok. Whoever said that had lost a few marbles. High school is just a stepping stone. Just one more stair to the ladder of life. One more curve to the pitch. One more step to help us grow and become who will be. Many have dreams of becoming rock stars, models and the brains of the operation. Do we ever really reach those goals? My goal, and this surprises most, was simple. I never wanted more than to be a wife and mother. Most say "yeah but you had to want to go to college, or do something with your life". In all honesty, in my mind, there never was, is or will be a greater thing than to be a mother. I never saw myself going to college getting a degree. I never saw myself being a teacher or nurse. My thoughts are simple. Be who you want not what the world tell you to be. We get so caught up in what we should look like rather than what we should act like. Women are so obsessed with their image rather than the upbringing of their children that the minds of children are less. Education is falling. I'm not saying women should quit their jobs and stay home. But I think they should spend quality time with their children so they learn and grow. So much of what we know is taught at an early age. If that isn't there our minds don't grow. We loose our imagination, forced to grow up and be adults.

ok so I noticed that This blog I titled "Fordham Family happenings" but I don't really mention my husband. Well here is the thing. I don't know what to tell anyone about his life. We don't have a life together as of yet.... yes we are married but we wont even live together till September. He stays busy in Iraq. Soon he will be back in Germany. Then I can go see him! Daniel is the best ever. I know every woman says that about her husband. But I truly never thought I would find someone like Daniel. He is my hero. I am so glad I married him. So glad I met him. Even though it was online, even though I only met him in person DAYS before our wedding. I wouldn't have changed it for the world. He is so wonderful.

Babe since I know you'll actually read this. I love you! I am so glad to have found you! Forever and Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment